Vv 2-60 question.

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: Vv 2-60 question.

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Vinrage_mania wrote:Mine is okay so far do they make a repro?? Never looked or asked bet all the originals are bad!
I assume so. Pot metal does not age well. Looking on eBay I see many pre-1925 tonearms but nothing for these. You’d think with a part so problematic in these portables there would be reproductions readily available...☹️

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

*bump*
Along with the parts for my Edison Standard E. I’ll ask Ron Sitko if he’s got the parts to FINALLY get this thing working the way it should!

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Andy,

The second photo that you posted of your pin shows that it's a home made version. Notice how the pointed end of the other one pictured is nice and smooth, while yours looks kind of rough & crude? That being the case, yours may be just a tad too large to fit the hole. Inspect it carefully for any small burrs, due to the crudeness of its manufacture, and sand them down. It may work then.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

JerryVan wrote:Andy,

The second photo that you posted of your pin shows that it's a home made version. Notice how the pointed end of the other one pictured is nice and smooth, while yours looks kind of rough & crude? That being the case, yours may be just a tad too large to fit the hole. Inspect it carefully for any small burrs, due to the crudeness of its manufacture, and sand them down. It may work then.
Well that explains a lot! I heard Ron Sitko makes new tonearm brackets for this model. Does it include the pin?

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

AmberolaAndy wrote:

Well that explains a lot! I heard Ron Sitko makes new tonearm brackets for this model. Does it include the pin?
I am surprised to read that. But, I believe that if in fact he does make them, it would include the pin.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

JerryVan wrote:
AmberolaAndy wrote:

I am surprised to read that. But, I believe that if in fact he does make them, it would include the pin.
I don't think Ron makes them, but he does sell replacement brackets in 2 sizes that fit most of the upright models. I don't know if he has any for the 2-60, but it's worth asking.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »