Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Post by Jerry B. »

I'll have my bride with me! :o

George P.
And how much time will you both be spending at Union? DeeDee is good for about thirty minutes to an hour tops and a quick walk through the Wild West Town.

Jerry B.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Jerry B. wrote:
I'll have my bride with me! :o

George P.
And how much time will you both be spending at Union? DeeDee is good for about thirty minutes to an hour tops and a quick walk through the Wild West Town.

Jerry B.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Barbie won't be around at all on Friday until after lunch...maybe well after lunch. She'll sit though the APS presentations when the show closes, because they'll be fast-moving and varied. Then, she will get her promised dinner in Woodstock, Illinois.

She'll make an appearance on Saturday (time to be determined) and I expect she'll have about as much stamina (and interest) as DeeDee. I don't know if she'll even want to see the Wild West Town, but she'd probably welcome the break from the show. She might lock herself in the jail and hide the key. The high point for her will undoubtedly be Jasper's on Saturday night.

George P.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

phonogfp wrote:You guys have lots of fun and I'll see you there. This year, for the first time (and probably ONLY time), I'll have my bride with me! :o

George P.
Oh not sure that's a good idea... unless you are only selling... :lol:

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Valecnik wrote:
phonogfp wrote:You guys have lots of fun and I'll see you there. This year, for the first time (and probably ONLY time), I'll have my bride with me! :o

George P.
Oh not sure that's a good idea... unless you are only selling... :lol:
That thought has crossed my mind. I may set a new buying record this year - - NOTHING! :lol:

George P.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

She'll make an appearance on Saturday
The carefully chosen word is "appearance." :D

Jerry

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

George P.
You're messing with something far greater than any of us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuYdzs4SS8

:lol:

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Wow, looking forward to the Travelogue this year. To spice things up, how about you-tube narrated videos of your exploits. Looking forward to seeing them. :mrgreen: :clover:
Harvey Kravitz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Retrograde wrote:

George P.
You're messing with something far greater than any of us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuYdzs4SS8

:lol:
Gee, I was sort of hoping for "The Summer of George..!" :lol:

George P.

ColoradoPhonograf
Victor II

Post by ColoradoPhonograf »

Happy travels guys,

I think there are a few good finds in Colorado still left. Watch the weather forecasts and don't forget to stop for ice cream at your favorite place along the way.

Have a fun trip.

D.Edwards

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Quick trip check for our first day on the road. Jerry and I got up at 5am and were on the road at 5:40am. Got to Stans about 7:10am, loaded his stuff in the trailer and were on the road for real about 7:45am. Got to our hotel tonight around 7pm (with a one hour time change) after a beautiful drive through Oregon and western Idaho. Staying in Twin Falls, Idaho tonight. Long, great day! Yikes!

No phonograph pickups today, but that will change over the next couple of days. We head south to Utah in the morning then into Colorado. Denver here we come!