Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
clarphon
Victor I

Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Post by clarphon »

Once again my 2 traveling companions (Dan Melvin and Jerry Blais) and I (Stan Stanford) will be making our way to the Union Show. Last year I suffered much horrible abuse from these two and I expect nothing less this year. My abuse last year consisted of being tied to a ball of yarn, spending a night in Prison and being threatened with a bat Jerry named "Little Stan." Even though one kind Oregonian, Brice Paris, is also traveling to Union, I reluctantly agreed to ride with Jerry and Dan. In case you have forgotten (lucky you) last years Saga, here are a few pictures. So send your kind thoughts or abuse as we again document our drive on the Oregon Phonograph Trail.

Stan
Attachments
20170613_195717.jpg
20170613_195717.jpg (114.03 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
20170604_174138 (002).jpg
20170602_091404.jpg
20170603_154445 (002).JPG
20170603_154445 (002).JPG (80.61 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Union2018.JPG
Last edited by clarphon on Wed May 30, 2018 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen_Madara
Victor III
Personal Text: www.glassphonohorns.com

Re: Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Across America)

Post by Stephen_Madara »

have a safe trip...I am leaving Friday night and spending some time in ohio prior to the show......

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

I am driving from the Oregon coast (Manzanita) to Jerry's house (about 2 hours away in Albany) on Thursday. And then we will pick up Stan bright and early Friday morning in Portland to begin our trip east. A fun week of picking things up, delivering things, antiquing, visiting collectors and just having a good time. I can't wait to see everyone at the show. A highlight of my collecting life for nearly 20 years now!

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I had a birthday recently and what did I receive, a pressure washer. What kind of gift is that for a phono nerd? It meant there was work to do. I accomplished everything on my pressure washer "to do" list. The cement is a cleaned and the walk to the front door and the patios in the back have new coats of clear sealer that makes them look wet. We just finished a wet Oregon winter. Our summer is brief. Why would you want the cement to look wet? Now that the work is done, I'm thinking of selling or, better yet, trading the pressure washer. If there is room at the back of the Union trailer you may see a pressure washer for trade at Union.

Jerry Blais
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_8f5.jpeg
Last edited by Jerry B. on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Jerry, I will show you how to post pictures right side up while we are on the trip too!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Jerry B. wrote:I had a birthday recently and what did I receive, a pressure washer. What kind of gift is that for a phono nerd? It meant there was work to do. I accomplished everything on my pressure washer "to do" list. The cement is a cleaned and the walk to the front door and the patios in the back have new coats of clear sealer that makes them look wet. We just finished a wet Oregon winter. Our summer is brief. Why would you want the cement to look wet? Now that the work is done, I'm thinking of selling or, better yet, trading the pressure washer. If there is room at the back of the Union trailer you may see a pressure washer for trade at Union.

Jerry Blais
That must be one hell of a pressure washer- looks like it cleaned up the tattoo as well. Is it a gas washer?
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Commented in error.
Last edited by billybob62 on Wed May 30, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

billybob62
Victor III

Re: Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Post by billybob62 »

clarphon wrote:Once again my 2 traveling companions (Dan Melvin and Jerry Blais) and I (Stan Stanford) will be making our way to the Union Show. Last year I suffered much horrible abuse from these two and I expect nothing less this year. My abuse last year consisted of being tied to a ball of yarn, spending a night in Prison and being threatened with a bat Jerry named "Little Stan." Even though one kind Oregonian, Brice Paris, is also traveling to Union, I reluctantly agreed to ride with Jerry and Dan. In case you have forgotten (lucky you) last years Saga, here are a few pictures. So send your kind thoughts or abuse as we again document our drive on the Oregon Phonograph Trail.

Stan
Very funny :o . Thanks

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

Well, that settles it... I need a picture of me with little Stan at Union.....

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You guys have lots of fun and I'll see you there. This year, for the first time (and probably ONLY time), I'll have my bride with me! :o

George P.