Has there ever been a book on the Orthophonic Victrolas?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: Has there ever been a book on the Orthophonic Victrolas?

Post by marcapra »

I'm not sure if the I-70 is Orthophonic since it came with the VTLA #4 reproducer. It would include the I-90 for sure since it came with the Orthophonic reproducer #5.

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

It seems obvious, but since there is already a very well done site that deals with all Victor machines http://www.victor-victrola.com/, wouldn't it be easier just to expand on it? Maybe its author is known to forum members and may be open to adding contributions from knowledgeable people, most of whom are here in this forum.

I like the idea of books, Mr Fabrizio and Mr Paul may chime in on the financial challenges of making such nice books. My guess is that if both gentlemen are now milionaires, it is because they were bilionaires before issuing these books ...

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

CarlosV wrote:
I like the idea of books, Mr Fabrizio and Mr Paul may chime in on the financial challenges of making such nice books. My guess is that if both gentlemen are now milionaires, it is because they were bilionaires before issuing these books ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

George P.

Phonofolks
Victor I

Post by Phonofolks »

There are other orthophonic style viictrolas made by companies such as Columbia, Brunswick, etc that were made during the same time period as the Victor Orthophonics. A series of books, or chapters identifying such variety of phonographs would be very informative.

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

CarlosV wrote:It seems obvious, but since there is already a very well done site that deals with all Victor machines http://www.victor-victrola.com/, wouldn't it be easier just to expand on it? M...

I think that's an excellent idea!

MarkELynch
Victor II

Post by MarkELynch »

Bob Baumbach has written extensively about the Orthophonic Victrolas in his books, in articles for the APS journal and in postings on his website. We are all be indebted to him for making this information available to us, I doubt that he has become a millionaire from his efforts

Read Victor’s publication about the development of the Orthophonic Victrola on Bob’s website.

http://mulhollandpress.com/styled-2/sty ... index.html
Attachments
161B0360-B460-4FDE-80FC-043FA760D67F.jpeg