amberola stylus replacement?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

amberola stylus replacement?

Post by Mormon S »

how should i go about replacing an amberola stylus? im hearing the echoing, and im not sure where to find stylus/stylus bars. what is the best option?

A Ford 1
Victor II

Re: amberola stylus replacement?

Post by A Ford 1 »

Hi,
I highly recommend Steve Medved he has new styluses for all the Edison reproducers except the long play. He also installs them rebuilds reproducers etc. and does excellent work. I would not send one to anyone other than him.
Allen Ford

Steve Medved
steve_noreen@msn.com
2505 Hickers Ct.
Kissimmee, FL 34743-3601

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

A Ford 1 wrote:Hi,
I highly recommend Steve Medved he has new styluses for all the Edison reproducers except the long play. He also installs them rebuilds reproducers etc. and does excellent work. I would not send one to anyone other than him.
Allen Ford

Steve Medved
steve_noreen@msn.com
2505 Hickers Ct.
Kissimmee, FL 34743-3601
Thank you! How much do they cost? I'm still currently using my homemade diaphragm, so I'm hoping reading both won't be too much.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

Steve does great work. I had a Diamond Disc and Amberola Diamond C reproducer rebuilt by him. When people talk cheap or not costing much, there is no cheap replacement stylus for these machines. Styluses will run in excess of $ 100.00 each. The advantage, these sound great and you don’t have to change the needle. A new stylus should provide thousands of play. I would say stylus replacement is probably the most expensive part.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

A diamond reproducer should have free movement both vertically and horizontally. A reproducer will echo with poor side to side freedom. Before you replace the stylus make sure you have good horizontal freedom of movement for the weight.
Jerry B.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

A Ford 1 wrote:Hi,
Allen Ford

Steve Medved
steve_noreen@msn.com
2505 Hickers Ct.
Kissimmee, FL 34743-3601
Steve’s address is actually Hikers Ct., not “Hickers”. The replacement diamond styli that he distributes are called Bruce styli.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

A Ford 1
Victor II

Post by A Ford 1 »

I recall he installs a new stylus for under $100. A new installed stylus and diaphragm should be under $150 I think. Really you need to contact him and he can tell you the correct amount. He has installed styli in my diamond disk and 1-A A reproducers, and rotated a stylus in my O reproducer.
Allen