Restoration Guides for an Edison A100

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Fibber2
Victor Jr

Restoration Guides for an Edison A100

Post by Fibber2 »

Hi Folks. I'm a long time collector/restorer of Edison cylinder and Victor disk machines, but this is my first foray into the world of the Edison Disk. I've always thought the thick vertical cut disks were rather cool, but never had a 'need' to burden my wife with yet another machine in another room! But after I helped her add yet another unique Singer machine and cabinet to the house, it was time for me too!! ;-)

This past Saturday at Stormville Flea Market (NY), I jumped at a nice clean A100 'tabletop'. I'm quite sure it is an amputee, but for $150 it seemed like a good pricepoint to decide if this format is for me. The mechanical looked recently cleaned, the nickel plate is decent, and it plays well except for what seems like very low volume - as though there's a restriction within the tonearm/horn. My wife laughingly predicts I'll find a dead rodent in there, and she might just be right!

So, to begin with, are there any .pdf or other good guides for disassembly and parts ID? Tricks for getting the platter up so that I can get to the oil tubes? Recommended sources for reproducer parts should I need to work on that? Yes, I began with the 'search' feature, but didn't come up with much useful info with a few key words/phrases.

Thanks!

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Re: Restoration Guides for an Edison A100

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

Ron Sitko, located in Waterford, New York, may be able to help. His contact information is in the Links Section of the forum.