Happy 4 TH of July to all!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
A Ford 1
Victor II

Happy 4 TH of July to all!

Post by A Ford 1 »

Hi All, I thought some one should say it is so great to live in the USA today all things considered!
Allen

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Happy 4 TH of July to all!

Post by fran604g »

A Ford 1 wrote:Hi All, I thought some one should say it is so great to live in the USA today all things considered!
Allen
Happy Independence Day, to one and all!

Cheers,
Fran
FB_IMG_1530716371018.jpg
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Phono-Holics!!!

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Happy 4th everybody! I hope everyone is listening to their favorite patriotic And WWI records today.
Attachments
D75C23A4-B81D-4502-ACC3-7B05EF3F1511.jpeg

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

I am listening to Yankee Doodle and other patriotic marches as I type this message.

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Wednesday is just a weird day of the week for a holiday.

I was in London in 2016 over the 4th and it was like just another day, go figure. Here in the USA it's grillin' & chillin'... when are those steaks going to be ready? and you kids watch it with those fireworks you'll put someone's eye out!

I did play a few Sousa Marches just to be PC :lol:

Schlick
Victor II

Post by Schlick »

Stars & Stripes whether the neighbors like it or not!
A two year tradition now...
(From the ones who say, they like it.)
4th of July 2018 IMG_2323.JPG

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

When the kids were little, I would take my early mahogany Victor 50 upstairs into the hallway outside their bedroom on the Fourth. I would blast Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever" to wake them up. At the time, they were not too thrilled about it, but, I would continue to do it until they moved out. Now, I call each of the four on the phone and blast it that way. Last year, I didn't do it and they called to complain and said they missed it!!! So, now, I'm doing it again.

I also remember one Fourth when I was young and still living at home, my siblings and I put a phonograph on the front porch and started blasting Sousa marches. Now, my parents had been really hard at work all day in the yards and were exhausted. They had just taken showers, changed into their PJs and robes and settled down for a relaxing evening.

Little did we know that the neighbors across the street were having a Fourth of July party.

Hearing the marches from our house, they thought my folks were having a party. So, the neighbors and their guests decided to join my parents "party"!!! My poor parents had to get dressed and throw party!!! My parents were not real happy!!!