gramophone & typewriter co

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

gramophone & typewriter co

Post by DGPros »

I dont know much about this model. I just saw it at an antique store. He has no price on it so will probably be looking at this thread. Lol. Forgive me for any misspelling. I forgot my readers and doing this on my phone. Can't see a thing. 8-) The elbow is bent, rusty but original horn, single spring motor.I believe its the monarch limited. I can post more pictures when i can see and if anyone wants me too.
Attachments
20180708_132043.jpg
20180708_132053.jpg
20180708_132140.jpg
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

jamiegramo
Victor III

Re: gramophone & typewriter co

Post by jamiegramo »

This is a Gramophone & Typewriter (G&T) Junior Monarch, the example you have seen is from about 1906. Made in Britain (well at least the case is) but as you can see essentially using hardware from close cousin Victor. Being originally British sold, this gives you the option of finishing the horn in either black, green or maroon. It looks like an honest untouched machine.:)

Jamie

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Re: gramophone & typewriter co

Post by DGPros »

jamiegramo wrote:This is a Gramophone & Typewriter (G&T) Junior Monarch, the example you have seen is from about 1906. Made in Britain (well at least the case is) but as you can see essentially using hardware from close cousin Victor. Being originally British sold, this gives you the option of finishing the horn in either black, green or maroon. It looks like an honest untouched machine.:)

Jamie
Thanks Jaime for the info. My first instinct was Frankenphone, due to the Victor similarities, but on closer inspection( and having my girlfriend read what the repro and label said :roll: it did seem to be completely original and in untouched condition. I new someone here would know. I'm not in the market for another machine (though I seem to keep finding new additions)but do love to window shop, and of course learn. I was told to reach out in a week when he's done researching and can put a price on it. I thought I would post some more pictures now that I can see :geek:
Attachments
2018-07-08 13.21.57.jpg
2018-07-08 13.21.48.jpg
2018-07-08 13.21.22.jpg
2018-07-08 13.20.58.jpg
2018-07-08 13.20.27.jpg
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat