VICTOR TALKING MACHINE CO. and RCA EMPLOYEES

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
studebakerphonos
Victor II
Personal Text: Skilled Craftsman produce radio cabinets at RCA Victor in Camden, N.J.

VICTOR TALKING MACHINE CO. and RCA EMPLOYEES

Post by studebakerphonos »

Looking to find out who may have photos or other info on Victor employees.

My Avatar is of my Paternal Grandfather who worked for Victor in Camden, NJ, 1915-1938.

This avatar photo hung in Rockefeller Center for the "40th Anniversary or RCA Victor"

He was a Woodcarver and did many prototype works including radio dials for the Cathedral Radios in the '30s.

His first job, however was to carve legs for Victrolas on the line in 1915.

He even carved a special radio for the Chrysler Family that was shipped to the Chrysler Building in NYC in the 30's.

He was the last carver to go at the end of the Depression, when wood gave way to plaster :(

I would like to see if anyone else has relatives who worked there, and or to share photographs, info., etc.

Thanks, Bob

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Re: VICTOR TALKING MACHINE CO. and RCA EMPLOYEES

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

Would the Johnson Victrola Museum in Delaware have some information on former employees? It is just a thought.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: VICTOR TALKING MACHINE CO. and RCA EMPLOYEES

Post by alang »

There are some online texts at the David Sarnoff Library http://www.davidsarnoff.org/onlinetexts.html with accounts from early Victor employees, but I did not find photographs. Also, the Hagley museum in Delaware https://www.hagley.org/research/program ... oject-news has archived a large collection of Sarnoff/RCA related documentation, but not sure how much of that goes back to Victor days.

Hope that helps.
Andreas