Phonograph/Record Show Fast Approaching

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Phonograph/Record Show Fast Approaching

Post by phonogfp »

The Antique Phonograph Society Expo and Banquet will be held on August 18 & 19 in Los Angeles (Buena Park), California. The Expo features 70+ vendor tables offering phonographs, music boxes and records.

The prime rib 100+ person Banquet will premiere the APS sponsored "shortie" film restoration of a young Benny Goodman, in Ben Pollack and the Park Central Orchestra.

The Expo attracts hundreds of collectors from all over the US; meet your fellow collectors for a great weekend. See the web site for further details:

https://www.antiquephono.org/events/201 ... o-banquet/

George P.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Phonograph/Record Show Fast Approaching

Post by Jerry B. »

I always look forward to APS and this year is no exception. I'll have about fifteen machines for sale, nearly 400 cylinders, and a couple of old Nippers. The machines include a Victor V, Victor Junior, Aretino rear mount, and two Triumphs. It will be fun.

Jerry Blais

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Due to overwhelming demand, here's more information on this year's APS Expo:
APS1.jpg
APS2.jpg
George P.

GeorgeDixon
Victor I

Post by GeorgeDixon »

phonogfp wrote:The Antique Phonograph Society Expo and Banquet will be held on August 18 & 19 in Los Angeles (Buena Park), California. The Expo features 70+ vendor tables offering phonographs, music boxes and records.

The prime rib 100+ person Banquet will premiere the APS sponsored "shortie" film restoration of a young Benny Goodman, in Ben Pollack and the Park Central Orchestra.

The Expo attracts hundreds of collectors from all over the US; meet your fellow collectors for a great weekend. See the web site for further details:

https://www.antiquephono.org/events/201 ... o-banquet/

George P.
Great show....seems to get bigger and better every year.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I'm buying three tables this year and will be right across the aisle from Mike Sorter. I will be bringing the most phonographs that I've ever brought this year! They include an Edison Amberola 1A in oak with a Diamond A rep.; a Mission style Edison B-60 in oak; an Edison B-80 in oak; an Edison long case Home model A with your choice among several horns; an Edison William and Mary console WM-33; an Edison Hepplewhite H-19; a Victrola Orthophonic (1928) VV 8-9 in dark oak; several boxes of cylinders and disc records; and more! Marc.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Only two weeks to go!

George P.