Anything you REALLY regret selling?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Frankia
Victor I

Re: Anything you REALLY regret selling?

Post by Frankia »

Yee-haa!! Well done Andy. I thought that might happen!

Now to start working on the good gent who bought my 163....! :lol:

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

Gee, where do I start....

Columbia Deluxe Lion Head - Phono only
Victor 10-70
Victor 8-35, right Brandon????
Victor Borgia II
Victor 9-56
Columbia Electric 990
Columbia Electric 980 (Both of them! One all original with the correct amp)

All sold because I had too. Now I am trying to recover these models. Some I will not ever be able too. :cry:

I keep reminding myself it is all about the hunt and that keeps me going. Since I got back into collecting, I have picked up some really nice machines I would have never thought about buying before. For example, the Period Chippendale Sonora I got from Pierce-Arrow. It is a fantastic machine and I am glad to have it.
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Three machines I "should" regret selling: my first horn machine - a Rigid Arm Victor M, a Victrola XX and a Perfected Graphophone Type G with original broadsides and admission tickets, along with a hand written playlist indicating that it was used for public performances. These were all found in the wild and the hunt was the exciting part. For example, the Rigid Arm Victor M had a broken elbow, which took almost 15 years to locate an original replacement. Once that was found and the machine completed, it was on to another search... While I will probably not find another Victrola XX or a Type G Perfected Graphophone, I don't regret selling them because it allowed me to purchase a Pathé Rooster store display and a Columbia AS coin-op, both of which I had always wanted... AND I know they all went to great new homes and are cherished by their new owners...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife