Phonographs on Hee Haw

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
edisonplayer
Victor IV

Phonographs on Hee Haw

Post by edisonplayer »

I remember seeing several antique phonographs on Hee Haw.Does anyone remember the show? They were used for set decoration.I remember seeing a banner front Home B with a small black and brass witches hat horn,a banner front Standard B with the same kind of horn.Charlie Farqueson had that in his radio studio.I think Charlie had a stack of what appeared to be black embossed label Edison Diamond Discs.In Lavern and Ida Lee Nagger's cabin there was a junky looking Kimball upright machine.I told my late friend Arthur Pare about the upright Kimball.He had,by the way,a console Kimball.As for the upright Kimball and the junky condition Arthur replied,"It would have to be junky to be on Hee Haw!" :lol: I wonder if the Naggers had any good country 78's in that Kimball? edisonplayer

PaulG
Victor O

Re: Phonographs on Hee Haw

Post by PaulG »

I remember that Roy Acuff had a wonderful collection of machines displayed at the museum on the the grounds of the Opyland theme park in Nashville. I wonder if they were his?

Paul

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Re: Phonographs on Hee Haw

Post by Victrolacollector »

My Great-Grandmother knew Roy Acuff through family down in Tennessee. Roy actually did restore some machines and owned quite a few machines and records from what my Great Grandmother said. In fact, back in the late 70’s I was fortunate to meet Roy Acuff at a family function. I have one of the 78’s on Okeh label, that’s pretty worn, she said he gave it to her back on one of her trips down with family, it was “Wait for the light to Shine.” It had a sleeve with his autograph, when she gave me the record before her passing it was without a sleeve. Wish I still had the autograph sleeve.