Electrola registry

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
victor 15-1
Victor I
Personal Text: to own an electrola is a blessing

Electrola registry

Post by victor 15-1 »

Has anyone given any thought to creating a registry for all electola/radiola electrola machines amongst this group?
Would be fun to see how many of each kind are out there. Hopefully someone with better computer skills than myself.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: Electrola registry

Post by marcapra »

Are you talking about just Victor products, or would it include all radio/phonos from the late 20s such as Edison?

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

marcapra wrote:Are you talking about just Victor products, or would it include all radio/phonos from the late 20s such as Edison?
Compared to the acoustic machines,the total number of these things left is so small I think Edisons,Spartons, Columbia Kolsters,Sonora Meladons,Brunswick Panatropes and whatever I have yet to discover could all be included with out being an insurmountable task.

The straightforward acoustic machines designed to play electric recordings is a different matter..kind of like rolling a stone up a hill.

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

When you say "registry", would that be a Model/Serial No. list from anyone who is willing to submit, or are you talking a list of Make/models only? Also, any suggestions on what the beginning and ending years might be? I would be interested in contributing to such list, in exchange for the full list and any updates.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

startgroove wrote:When you say "registry", would that be a Model/Serial No. list from anyone who is willing to submit, or are you talking a list of Make/models only? Also, any suggestions on what the beginning and ending years might be? I would be interested in contributing to such list, in exchange for the full list and any updates.

Sounds like an interesting project ....But I am getting a sore back thinking of moving sets to get serial numbers etc....My range suggestion would be 1926 to 33 thirty five at the latest all makers welcome

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

startgroove wrote:When you say "registry", would that be a Model/Serial No. list from anyone who is willing to submit, or are you talking a list of Make/models only? Also, any suggestions on what the beginning and ending years might be? I would be interested in contributing to such list, in exchange for the full list and any updates.
Model and serial numbers of existing sets in the hands of current owners.

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

Vinrage_mania wrote:

Sounds like an interesting project ....But I am getting a sore back thinking of moving sets to get serial numbers etc....My range suggestion would be 1926 to 33 thirty five at the latest all makers welcome
1926-1933 is exactly what I was thinking..I am reaching for the BEN-GAY myself

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

there needs to be a “set I can not get to “ coluum :o

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

Vinrage_mania wrote:there needs to be a “set I can not get to “ coluum :o
More like..can I straighten back up again after crawling under sets I do not want to move to get to the one in the back.

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Somewhere I have a mirror on a stick...

Seriously, how about a smartphone camera on a selfie stick?