Museum Display

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MikeB
Victor II

Museum Display

Post by MikeB »

A gentleman who I bought an Edison cylinder machine from sent me these photos, initially without explanation. I assumed that these were photos of the inside of his house. After I peeled myself from the floor, I was going to offer to buy everything, especially the Edison Idelia! Alas, it turns out this this is a museum display, apparently in Las Vegas. I still want to buy everything, though, mostly because this house looks like my house, minus the Idelia....
Attachments
Museum4.jpg
Museum3.jpg
Museum2.jpg
Museum1.jpg

bigshot
Victor II

Re: Museum Display

Post by bigshot »

Whenever I see displays like this where they're trying to recreate a period living room, I wonder if people back in the day would have more then one phonograph. Did people go out and buy both Victor and Edison so they would have both bases covered? I'm guessing they didn't and the placement of the phonograph in the room was probably less conspicuous.

MikeB
Victor II

Post by MikeB »

People of that time wouldn't have had 6 flat irons on the stove, either. :lol: Maybe they were trying to recreate the Collyer Brothers home, in which case they would need to fit half a dozen pianos in those rooms.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

Whoa!

An Idelia in the wild!

That poor Idelia needs a new owner to fix her up....She probably hasn't played in 75 years at least... What a sin!

What museum in Las Vegas is this from??!??

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer