Can anyone identify this?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
rgordon939
Victor V

Can anyone identify this?

Post by rgordon939 »

Can anyone out there identify what this is ?

Rich Gordon
Attachments
918152AA-2637-4817-B143-31E731C17C4D.jpeg

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Can anyone identify this?

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Don’t know the make, but the thing on the side is an automatic needle changing device. You load it with needles and the lever ejects the used one and replaces with fresh. It may of may not be missing some sort of magazine/hopper.

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

It's a reproducer for a Gabel Automatic Entertainer. Looks like a 1916 version. I could use that. Russie
Attachments
IMG_4086.JPG
IMG_4086.JPG (74.79 KiB) Viewed 945 times

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

startgroove wrote:It's a reproducer for a Gabel Automatic Entertainer. Looks like a 1916 version. I could use that. Russie
That's very interesting to know. Was this one of Gabel's open horn models?

I used to own a hand crank acoustic Gabel Automatic Entertainer; but it had an electric motor to cycle the mechanism; but was spring wound to play the record with the horn enclosed inside the top of the case. Hard to tell it from the later all electric ones except for the large crank that was in the front. I never looked too closely at the reproducer; but mine had a large brass magazine that turned every cycle and dropped a new needle into the reproducer. The only thing I never found was the brass piece between the reproducer and the horn. Maybe someone on the forum purchased it from me years ago? Mark Roberts--Navarre, OH??