Edison Diamond Disc CC-32 Model

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
apruizii
Victor II

Edison Diamond Disc CC-32 Model

Post by apruizii »

I just picked up an Edison Diamond Disc CC-32 (SM-4780) console phonograph. It reminds me of the New Edison 2-C console model and also seems very similar to the BC-34 model. Is the CC-32 a common model? What are some of the major differences with the other console models other than the grill? And what does the "CC" and "BC" stand for?

Thanks,

AR

Victor VI

Re: Edison Diamond Disc CC-32 Model

Post by 52089 »

Did you buy the one on DC Craigslist that was mentioned in another post?

CC stands for Chippendale Console. It uses similar design elements to the C250/C19 Chippendale upright but in a console format. There are other console versions of uprights, including the William and Mary style and the later London style. The CC-32 is not as common as the upright version, but I wouldn't call it rare or desirable.

The BC-34 is the "baby console", a smaller console that has the 100 or 150 horn instead of the larger 250 horn found in the large consoles.

I would recommend buying Frow's "Edison Disc Phonographs" book if you don't already have a copy.

apruizii
Victor II

Post by apruizii »

Hey Kevin,

Yes, I bought the one from CL posted yesterday, but didn't know it was mentioned in a post on the forum. It was a good deal. Thanks for the information about it. I'll follow up on buying Frow's "Edison Disc Phonographs" book.

AR

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Since I don't know how new you are to antique phonographs, I will warn you that your Edison Diamond Disc phonograph was made to play only Edison Diamond Discs, which are vertical, or hill and dale, records, and will not play standard 78s without an adapter reproducer. Also please attach some pics, which is easy to do. I like console Edisons and own a Baby, a William and Mary, and an Early Italian Umbrian console.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Congratulations, Adolfo, it looks as though your Chippendale Console is in pretty decent condition, and the price certainly couldn't be beat.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Does your Chippendale Console have an Official Laboratory Model medallion on it? And does it have the 10/12 keys?

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

marcapra wrote:Does your Chippendale Console have an Official Laboratory Model medallion on it? And does it have the 10/12 keys?
Marc, here's a link to the post on YT with a couple pictures from the CL listing http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 14&t=37080

The 10/12 selector keys, and top edge of the medallion can be seen.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.