ACCEPTING REPRODUCER REPAIRS FOR WAYNE, NJ SHOW DELIVERY!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

ACCEPTING REPRODUCER REPAIRS FOR WAYNE, NJ SHOW DELIVERY!

Post by MicaMonster »

Does your Viva-Tonal sound bland,
Your Orthophonic sing shrill?
Maybe you repaired it yourself
With a $2 bill?

Is your reproducer odd,
An ugly duck,
With parts unknown,
And you’ve had NO LUCK?

Does your cylinder RECORDER...RE--CORD?
Or does it leave you BORED,
Feeling.....possibly.......IGNORED?

I can take it apart,
And with wizard like skill,
Bring back the sound
From “O’er the hill.”

Just shoot me an email,
Remember Arthur Fromme?
You can find me at RESTORATIONARTS
At GMAIL
Dot COM.

Restorationarts@gmail.com

PS: Arthur Fromme was an early 20th century baseball player. And his name made the rhyme work. HAHAHAH! :lol:
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!

PeterF
Victor IV

Re: ACCEPTING REPRODUCER REPAIRS FOR WAYNE, NJ SHOW DELIVERY

Post by PeterF »

Just got my orthophonic reproducer back from this guy.

Outstanding work, rapid turnaround...and a real joy to listen to. And not just taken apart and "fixed" - it has been completely and thoroughly disassembled cleaned repaired strengthened upgraded reassembled and torture tested. I'll wager it may be better than it was when new.

Skill like this is rare and transitory. Suggest you get all of your orthos done by him asap if your budget allows it. Yeah, this costs money - and it's worth every dang penny, because it's done right - and you'll get something that's good for the next 50 years or more.

Why the asap? Because the last person who could do this level of work on Orthophonics has been dead for more than a decade; I was lucky enough to have most of mine done by him before his sad demise. I truly believed nobody would ever come close to replacing him.

This current guy seems healthy enough and all, but why take any chances? He lives in a weird and very forested place, where, for example, it snows in residential districts.

What if he slips on ice this winter and loses his motor skills through the resulting tragic paralysis? What if he loses one or more key fingers to frostbite and gangrene? What if he disregards the universal advice: "Put down that stick! You'll poke your eye out!" and pokes his eye out? Orthophonic repair attempts by those without depth perception, while undoubtedly hilarious to watch, can only end in tears.

What if he just says "screw it!" and hangs it up?

Just Do It!