Another project - Columbia AT

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Another project - Columbia AT

Post by Curt A »

clevelander wrote:Alex,
I got good replacement parts (including trunion) for my AT from Jean-Paul Agnard in Quebec.
Regards,
Alistair.
Jean-Paul did make them, however he is not making them anymore because of failing health (at least that was what I was told). George Paul is making the headphones that Jean-Paul used to make and I don't know if anyone has taken up his other projects...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Post by kirtley2012 »

Curt A wrote:
clevelander wrote:Alex,
I got good replacement parts (including trunion) for my AT from Jean-Paul Agnard in Quebec.
Regards,
Alistair.
Jean-Paul did make them, however he is not making them anymore because of failing health (at least that was what I was told). George Paul is making the headphones that Jean-Paul used to make and I don't know if anyone has taken up his other projects...
I have managed to find an original brass trunion, at some expense, but it will get it running, if a reproduction were to show up for significantly less that'd be great but I'm not too concerned saving up a little more

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I would save the money and get an original brass one. You'll be happier in the long run. Also, keep a look out for the cast iron upper works. The pot metal ones distort making the machine unplayable.
Harvey Kravitz