WHAT IS THIS?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
roaringtwenties
Victor Jr
Personal Text: "WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ELECTRICITY BILL" - Confusion (Not Confucius)

Re: WHAT IS THIS?

Post by roaringtwenties »

Uncle Vanya wrote:It is a Majestic model 163 combination. This 1931 vintage Superhetrodyne was very well designed, heavy as blazes, and used an interesting stamped steel chassis, which was mounted upside down in the cabinet. The loudspeaker was a beefy unit of Majestic's own make with a Burtex cone.

These sets sold poorly, despite offering great value at a list of $195.00 including tubes. By the time that the 60 series was introduced the combination of network radio and the Great Depression had left the talking machine and record industry moribund.
Thank you so much! Found the exact information I needed!

Cheers!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

roaringtwenties wrote:Very interesting reply. None of the pictures on your google search match this machine and you have misspelled "google" with "goole". How stupid.
Somebody tell me I'm misreading this.

"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

How stupid.
Really? JB

jboger
Victor IV

Post by jboger »

I'm having difficulty processing this, the comment "How stupid," followed by a second post to document a simple typo as if Roaring20s would be doing something underhanded or devious to edit his prior post. I genuinely believe most people are civil, and when misunderstandings arise it's usually because of poor word choice or someone thought he or she was being funny with no real bad intent. This, however, I can't decipher.

Roaring20s (James), you seem to have shrugged this off. I think that's the best thing to do.

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

jboger wrote:Roaring20s (James), you seem to have shrugged this off. I think that's the best thing to do.
Yes, let's move on.
It is not in anyone's interest to pursue this.
A burning passion for this stuff and an eagerness to obtain information can result in unexpected emotion.
The end.

James.

PS: His youtube sight is interesting. Nice subject matter and and eye for editing. Good work! :coffee:

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Here is what the chassis looks like
Attachments
79B9B990-8098-4DF2-A576-D14786DABFCA.jpeg
79B9B990-8098-4DF2-A576-D14786DABFCA.jpeg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 951 times