Standard and Triumph model G

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tomb
Victor IV

Standard and Triumph model G

Post by tomb »

Had a discussion with some fellow phonograph collectors and we got to what standards that you not have or would like to acquire and the model G came up. None of have seen a model G but one person thought one had come up at a auction. Flows companion lists them on page 111 for a standard G and page 79 for the triumph G that were put into production and shipped. My question is has any body seen or can document one of these rare models. To me they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. None are listed on Martinolas spread sheet. Tom

Jwb88
Victor II

Re: Standard and Triumph model G

Post by Jwb88 »

I've never seen one, but I hope they're out there and that someone photographs one in detail someday to confirm.

Slightly related: I have been meaning to start a thread about the Woledge portable Amberola mentioned in Frow's book, the Edison Cylinder Phonograph Companion. Apparently they did exist in New Zealand and I'd love to see a photo of what one looked like.

Damfino59
Victor II

Post by Damfino59 »

There is a color photo of the Woledge portable on the cover of this New Zealand Gramophone society newsletter. I also recall a photo in the Frow cylinder book also.

http://www.phonograph.org.nz/magazine/2 ... ay-Jul.pdf

Glenn

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

Thanks for that! Not a great photo but at least it gives me the general idea. I’ll look over Frow’s book again, I don’t remember seeing one.

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

John,

The only photo I have seen is in the Frow book. We were also talking a little about that phonograph as well. It would be cool to find one of those here in the US!

Mike

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Oooops. Thanks for the pdf file with the picture of the phono Glenn! I had left my computer with this window open to respond, and hadn't seen the latest posts. It sure would be nice to see one of those in person.

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

All the franken-phones out there but (as far as I know) nothing recently produced as clever and useful as would be a portable Amberola or portable diamond disc player!

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

tomb wrote:Had a discussion with some fellow phonograph collectors and we got to what standards that you not have or would like to acquire and the model G came up. None of have seen a model G but one person thought one had come up at a auction. Flows companion lists them on page 111 for a standard G and page 79 for the triumph G that were put into production and shipped. My question is has any body seen or can document one of these rare models. To me they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. None are listed on Martinolas spread sheet. Tom
Hi Tom:

I spotted an auction listing for an Edison Triumph Model G --

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/33 ... ph-model-g
Capture.JPG
1333592_1_x.jpg
2333592_3_x.jpg
2333592_3_x.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
3333592_5_x.jpg
3333592_5_x.jpg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
There are more photos on the site.

Hope this helps.

OrthoFan

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

The Standard G is definitely not Bigfoot.
Attachments
47069AE3-131D-4767-ACB8-E451AE326055.jpeg
9AB0A2CD-B40E-48E8-933B-FF5E90CF0E4E.jpeg

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Is that a restruck F?,......

In case Martin looks at this thread here is the serial number of my F with an S reproducer .....the serial numbers seem random ....,interesting,it would appear that the G must be 4 min only as it does not say combination type since the F was 2/4 min
Attachments
97828BA6-8FE6-4FC2-8DEE-CB2128589581.jpeg