Fireside project and a few decisions

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Fireside project and a few decisions

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I just bought a Fireside Model A project from the Trader.

It's cool. Really cool. 'Course it will get new finish and whatnot to spiff it up but there's enough originality on it to make it a nice survivor.

The reproducer is gone, the carrier eye is small, and there is a cygnet bracket.

What combo of horn and reproducer should I do? I know a 10 panel cygnet is in order (90% of why I actually bought a Fireside) and I have a GREAT 2m Model C that's currently living in my Standard A but should I do the C and H shuffle or get a combo reproducer?

My dream machine was to put a great horn on with a K Reproducer rebuilt with large TrueTone diaphragm from LarryH but I don't know if this is right.

Currently I have my Standard A, Standard E, and Amberola 30 all ready to go so there's no shortage of cylinder players to listen to here. There's lots of time for the Forum to render a judgment.

redgem94
Victor Jr
Personal Text: edison phonograph and dictaphone hoarder.

Re: Fireside project and a few decisions

Post by redgem94 »

hi mate i have a fireside A & B. On the a A i use a both a C & H reproducer as i'm not too keen on K reproducers as if a blue amberol is slightly out of round it will hit the center of the reproducer. and on the B i have a 11 panel cygnet horn with diamond B reproducer. Hope this is a help :-)