Would a tonearm support from a Victor 2-60 fit a 2-55?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Bdbill
Victor Jr

Would a tonearm support from a Victor 2-60 fit a 2-55?

Post by Bdbill »

Hi, I have a Victor 2-55 with a broken tonearm support. I can purchase a 2-60 with a good support, would it fit the 2-55? Thank you for the help!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Would a tonearm support from a Victor 2-60 fit a 2-55?

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Go get a replica support, then buy the 2-60 and fix that too, then you'll have two really cool portables.

Bdbill
Victor Jr

Post by Bdbill »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Go get a replica support, then buy the 2-60 and fix that too, then you'll have two really cool portables.
I'd really like to have a working orthophonic portable first.

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

Are there replica supports available for the portables? I have purchased them for full-size Victrolas, but haven't seen repro's for the portable. If they exist, I'd like to buy one for my 2-55 whose support is beginning to craze.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

CharliePhono wrote:Are there replica supports available for the portables? I have purchased them for full-size Victrolas, but haven't seen repro's for the portable. If they exist, I'd like to buy one for my 2-55 whose support is beginning to craze.

I believe the original poster is talking about about buying an original 2-60 tone arm & support and possibly using it on a 2-55. I do not believe the small supports are available in reproduction form.

Bdbill
Victor Jr

Post by Bdbill »

JerryVan wrote:
CharliePhono wrote:Are there replica supports available for the portables? I have purchased them for full-size Victrolas, but haven't seen repro's for the portable. If they exist, I'd like to buy one for my 2-55 whose support is beginning to craze.

I believe the original poster is talking about about buying an original 2-60 tone arm & support and possibly using it on a 2-55. I do not believe the small supports are available in reproduction form.
I was able to compare the two, not compatible.

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

A few years back, I supplied Ron S with the dimensions of a bracket from a portable I was restoring (2-55, I think) and he sold me one that worked just fine. He may still have them.

Matt

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

I wish tonearm supports for portables were readily available on eBay like the floor models. Then I’d would use my VV 2-60 every day. Lol. I’ve been waiting for a tonearm with a good support for a 2-60 to pop up on eBay since May...and still no dice!

MarkELynch
Victor II

Post by MarkELynch »

In answer to the OP’s question, the answer is no.
Victor lists different part numbers for the 2-55 and the 2-60, they have different dimensions. Too bad we can’t get into our way back machine and pick up a few, they list price was only $1.00

Good luck with your restoration.