Wayne Show Photos

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
rgordon939
Victor V

Re: Wayne Show Photos

Post by rgordon939 »

Does anyone know the name of the dealer who had the Columbia Home Grand?

Rich Gordon

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Hi All,
Great pictures and a show that I would like to get to...but it's a trip from Arizona!!!
There is a shot of Charlie Hummel sitting at table with a lot of pictures taped to the wall behind him. I have a phone number for him but no matter when I call it justs rings. I have acquired a nice document with a great Edison signature and have been looking for a good picture to frame with it. That picture of Edison might just do the trick-I am assuming that the signature that I see is a printed one.

If someone would PM me that knows him and his number than I could check it, the one I have is from his business card with the EDISON printed on it with a picture of a machine-it might not be a good number anymore.

Thx for the help
Abe

Fonotone
Victor II

Post by Fonotone »

rgordon939 wrote:Does anyone know the name of the dealer who had the Columbia Home Grand?

Rich Gordon
Rich,

Ken Danckaert had the Home Grand. He had two actually, but he sold one early Sunday morning.

-- Grant
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

need4art wrote:Hi All,
Great pictures and a show that I would like to get to...but it's a trip from Arizona!!!
There is a shot of Charlie Hummel sitting at table with a lot of pictures taped to the wall behind him. I have a phone number for him but no matter when I call it justs rings. I have acquired a nice document with a great Edison signature and have been looking for a good picture to frame with it. That picture of Edison might just do the trick-I am assuming that the signature that I see is a printed one.

If someone would PM me that knows him and his number than I could check it, the one I have is from his business card with the EDISON printed on it with a picture of a machine-it might not be a good number anymore.

Thx for the help
Abe
Abe, PM sent.

George P.

kendphono
Victor II

Post by kendphono »

Yes one sold and I still have the other. They were both at a reasonable price for fully restored machines. $3900.

Ken

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Just a suggestion but when you load photos into your computer there should be a "rotate" choice so that you send them out the right side up. I love the photos but they are hard to see sideways. With mine after I load the photos from the camera you click on one of the photos and that enlarges that photo. at the top is a arrow that denotes rotating, I click on that and it moves them one quarter turn till you get it where you want it, usually then a arrow at the side is visible if move your mouse on the photo to move to the next picture, when your done you simply use the "back" symbol and they return the right way in the smaller size. I hope your computer works similar.

Larry