I want to sell a machine. What would you do?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Stephen_Heatherly
Victor I

I want to sell a machine. What would you do?

Post by Stephen_Heatherly »

So, I have a very nice edison home model a phonograph that I would like to sell. I bought the machine a year ago and restored it back to wonderful working condition. I have thoroughly enjoyed the machine, but as I just finished restoring a standard f that has become my main machine for playing cylinders, and I have little precious room left for my machines I have decided to sell my green oak home. As I said, it's a very nice machine. I'm sure the case was refinished at some point as it's far too nice to be origional. It has a new old stock 2/4 minute attachment that I installed on it. I have the origional box and that would be included with the machine. The motor and upper works have been thoroughly cleaned and all worn or damaged parts have been replaced. It runs easily and smoothly through 3 two minute cylinders before rewinding. The only issue is I have a very large 30" black and brass horn and clamp on style crane that would have to be sold with the machine as I have no other machine to use them on. Obviously that would make shipping the machine expensive and difficult to say the least. I am a member of a local antique phonograph society with the nearest member within model t driving distance from me, but rather doubt anybody would be interested in such a common machine. So, my question for you is, how would you go about moving this machine onto a new owner? I would appreciate any advice you may have.

Thank you,
Stephen
Last edited by Stephen_Heatherly on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Victor VI

Re: I want to sell a machine. What would you do.

Post by 52089 »

First I'd try Yankee Trader here. Then I'd probably try Craigslist to avoid shipping. After that, I'd probably try ebay

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: I want to sell a machine. What would you do.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I second the motion--the Trader is awesome!

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: I want to sell a machine. What would you do?

Post by travisgreyfox »

I will PM you my address and you can just drop it off at my place at your nearest convenience. :D

Stephen_Heatherly
Victor I

To the trader it is then! :D

Thanks,
Stephen

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Stephen_Heatherly wrote:To the trader it is then! :D

Thanks,
Stephen
Please remember to put the location of the phono in your ad. That point is frustrating to many potential buyers. You could also try Facebook marketplace if all else fails. Thanks! Mark

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

If you gave your general location you might find a reasonably local buyer that would be interested in the Home with a large Horn. Without such information you'll never know. Jerry B.

Stephen_Heatherly
Victor I

Jerry, I live in St. Louis Missouri. I intend to make a post in the yankee trader tomorrow or Friday.

Stephen