How do I assemble bedplate shock absorbing spring?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

How do I assemble bedplate shock absorbing spring?

Post by Mormon S »

On the standard model c, the connection from the motor to the bedplate is with 3 sets of a screw, a "washer" and 2 springs. In which order/ orientation do I assemble these in? How few should I screw it in?

Thanks, Martin

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: How do I assemble bedplate shock absorbing spring?

Post by Lucius1958 »

I have a model B; but the motor should be the same. One spring sits between the bolt head and the motor casting, small end down; and the other should be between the casting and the bedplate, with the same orientation. I'm not certain about the washer, though.

Do you mean, 'how far should I screw it in'? Just tight enough so the motor doesn't wobble, is my estimate. You need some room for the springs to move and absorb the vibration.

Bill

tomb
Victor IV

Re: How do I assemble bedplate shock absorbing spring?

Post by tomb »

I might need corrected but I lay the bed plate upside down with the screw holes facing up. Then I put a washer on each hole. Next is the spring with the small end in the washer. I then gently line up and lay the motor assembly on the springs.. The screw is put thru the small end of the spring and aligned thru the other spring and motor plate till it will screw into the base plate. If it is not aligned I use an awl down into the screw hole assembly to align it. Do this for all three holes. One spring on the bottom and one spring on the motor assembly with the screw going thru it. That should align up the crank hole so the crank will match the hole. Tom