Edison C-4 questions

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Re: Edison C-4 questions

Post by phonogal »

jukejunkie wrote:R-6 Manual Sorry it took so long and pages are a little out of order. New scanner and I am still getting used to it.
Tried to download but there is just 1 page.

jukejunkie
Victor I

Post by jukejunkie »

Attempt 2. As I need operator error

Sorry
Attachments
R-6 R-7.zip
(8.66 MiB) Downloaded 56 times

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

jukejunkie wrote:Attempt 2. As I need operator error

Sorry
Thank You very much for uploading the C-6 and C-7 manual. I was able to get it to unzip and was able to open every page--not just 10 and 11. I really appreciate having some factory info to work off of. Cheers! Mark

phonogal
Victor IV

Post by phonogal »

marco wrote:
jukejunkie wrote:Attempt 2. As I need operator error

Sorry
Thank You very much for uploading the C-6 and C-7 manual. I was able to get it to unzip and was able to open every page--not just 10 and 11. I really appreciate having some factory info to work off of. Cheers! Mark
Yes. Thank you.

jukejunkie
Victor I

Post by jukejunkie »

No my problem. Pg 10-11
Attachments
10.jpeg

phonogal
Victor IV

Post by phonogal »

Picked the c4 up today and was pleasantly surprised to find a baggie inside with these inside.
Attachments
IMG_20181112_184055658.jpg

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

phonogal wrote:Picked the c4 up today and was pleasantly surprised to find a baggie inside with these inside.
Told ya to look close! I'm so happy for you--my heart can't take it..."I'm comin' to join ya , Elizabeth--this is the "Big One"............Only hope I am so fortunate one day. I am happy that we are a group of collectors who can be happy for each other and not be envious. My day will come. Mark

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

marco wrote:
phonogal wrote:Picked the c4 up today and was pleasantly surprised to find a baggie inside with these inside.
Told ya to look close! I'm so happy for you--my heart can't take it..."I'm comin' to join ya , Elizabeth--this is the "Big One"............Only hope I am so fortunate one day. I am happy that we are a group of collectors who can be happy for each other and not be envious. My day will come. Mark
That other green piece is the cable cover for the center of the power supply (which is also usually missing). Another Score!

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Lucky find! Look around for the knurled knob that holds that cover on the stud.

If you decide to clean the white side of the dial, where people usually marked the radio call signs and where the red light from the light-o-matic shines through, make sure you don't get anything on the other side where the frequency scale is or you will lose them.

Chuck

phonogal
Victor IV

Post by phonogal »

ChuckA wrote:Lucky find! Look around for the knurled knob that holds that cover on the stud.

If you decide to clean the white side of the dial, where people usually marked the radio call signs and where the red light from the light-o-matic shines through, make sure you don't get anything on the other side where the frequency scale is or you will lose them.

Chuck
Thank you Chuck. I will ask questions before I do anything. Just got it home and on a cursory look didn't find any other parts loose anywhere.