Niftyola

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ts_13
Victor II

Niftyola

Post by ts_13 »

I just picked up this little guy. Does anyone have much experience with these little guys? Made in Germany. I think I got a good deal, so I didnt pass it up.

Do they play little wonder records?

T
Attachments
20181107_151602.jpg

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Niftyola

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Looks like a Bing, but was it made by Nirona? Cool!

I have watched Bing toy machines play Little Wonders, but they are shellac eating demons I would not allow near any records.

Also, speaking of all things toy, vintage, and cool, great trains! Love those old tinplate models. Do they run?

ts_13
Victor II

Post by ts_13 »

Here is the back.

What records should be played?

This pic was taken at my buddies house. Man... he just bought hundreds of trains. Old 20's trains with landscapes made from metal etc. I know nothing about trains myself he was giving me a lesson! He just buys and sells stuff all the time. If there are any old trains you are looking for let me know he might have them and he is always moving stuff. Some of those locomotives are heavy! All metal!

T
Attachments
20181107_151557.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

That graphic on the back is cool... The machine is a survivor, it looks like it made it through the Allied bombing of Berlin...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

This may have been made by the same German company - Weco - that made the Olaphon. They both have interesting graphics...
Attachments
BrC4ZcCCUAAKY-L.jpg
BrC4ZcCCUAAKY-L.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

ts_13
Victor II

Post by ts_13 »

That is a very interesting little guy. I do like the ones with "horns", they are slick!

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

With these toy machines, I would not play records on them. They will eat your records. These machines are more curios, than anything else. I have a few of these myself. These are great display pieces. I'm a model railroader, myself. I am into HO scale modeling, and go after the old time steamers from the 1860-WWI period. I am always after brass locomotives, old kits and such. If you buddy has any of this stuff, shoot him my info.
Harvey Kravitz

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

I believe the Niftyola may have been produced by the same company like the outside horn Nifty Nirona. This was also marketed under different names like the Coronet. Like Bing made the outside horn Pigmyphone and the inside horn Bingola, Nirona also may have wanted to market an **ola machine. They all were made in Germany as previously mentioned.

Andreas