Need help identifying these 3 machines

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Need help identifying these 3 machines

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Erm...Hey, I drove 8 hours in a car older than I am to go pick up an Edison Standard horn for my Model E. Not a phonograph--just a cheap tin horn which happened to have the paint I needed.

Then again it's a 7th-gen Corolla so gas bills are negligible. But still--Amberola V's are really nice-looking!

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

I would generally agree with what's been said so far. The Amberola V is in beautiful shape and definitely should be considered, even for $600 and a drive.

The L-door has been described here as "valuable" and in relative terms, yes that's true. At one time these were quite expensive, but the internet has shown that these are nowhere near as rare as once thought. They are elegant machines, but they also have a small horn. The one shown is the later type that does not have the frieze/carvings near the top of the cabinet.

The Aretino machine is quite nice, but as another poster pointed out, you'll want to get a regular turntable because of the scarcity and price of Aretino records.

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

52089 wrote: The Aretino machine is quite nice, but as another poster pointed out, you'll want to get a regular turntable because of the scarcity and price of Aretino records.
I just now realized that the center of the turntable was attached, not an adaptor. I will ask the seller if I can get a picture of the plate on the machine with the blue horn.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

The Aretino machine is in really good condition and a nice machine... especially if it has some original Aretino records.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife