Wyatt's repairs are totally worth it!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Wyatt's repairs are totally worth it!

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Oh YES! we're now Orthophonic!

Wyatt Markus rebuilt the reproducer in my RCA Victrola 2-65. It's a potmetal Orthophonic. I had bought the machine in 2016 for $36.88 and it was my second talking machine. Great times after I fixed the broken spring but the reproducer, while it still worked, wasn't much.

It went the way of all Orthophonics, a complicated, fussy little device of byzantine complexity.

So I sent it off. Now it's back.

Pricing: well, he had charged me $95 but on examining the box said it was pretty messed-up so the cost went up to $112. My ball-bearings had rusted out and the needle bar was 1/32" out of alignment. So you pay up. Makes sense. Hard to put a price on art.

And it's art that you'll hear. Not only is the skill worthy of the legend, but the records are wearing far less and sounding three times better. That fiberboard (Cardboard pulp)horn really sounded more like a hole in the wall of a bandshell--with the Past on the other side. Kind of the ideal of a phonograph, I thought.

Get it done. Even your cheap cardboard-box gramophones will thank you for it.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Wyatt's repairs are totally worth it!

Post by OrthoSean »

I have said it now a hundred and one times. Wyatt does great work, he has done ALL of mine, every single one. He's now doing my Edisons. It's worth every cent, you hear the results, period, I've posted a lot of videos of his work on my facebook page and in groups there, everyone agrees.

Sean

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Remmotors
Victor O

Post by Remmotors »

Wyatt is an awesome guy and does fantastic work!
Roy