Saved a VV-Xa but needs parts

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ts_13
Victor II

Saved a VV-Xa but needs parts

Post by ts_13 »

I just saved a nice VV-Xa. It has the reproducer platter and tonearm, but that is it as far as the mechanism. I need a motor, motor board and crank. I could not let it hit the trash.

T

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Saved a VV-Xa but needs parts

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Great find. While I don't think anyone objects to a good brag in this section usually the moderator insists that any parts requests be confined to the Yankee Trader--a good thing too, as that's where a lot of action is from "lurker" members who maybe don't post much but like scanning the Trader.

Best wishes hunting down those parts! If all else fails, I bet you could find a motor and turntable and have a woodworker make you a motorboard.

ts_13
Victor II

Post by ts_13 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Great find. While I don't think anyone objects to a good brag in this section usually the moderator insists that any parts requests be confined to the Yankee Trader--a good thing too, as that's where a lot of action is from "lurker" members who maybe don't post much but like scanning the Trader.

Best wishes hunting down those parts! If all else fails, I bet you could find a motor and turntable and have a woodworker make you a motorboard.

Agreed, sorry I really meant the post as just a "hey look what I found" but it needs _____ , and not so much as an advertisement. I had edited my original post so it wouldn't come across that way. Point taken!

T

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

The X underwent several design changes over the years, including motor changes.

Can you post the serial number of you machine or a couple of photos? I have a later Victor double spring motor from either a VV-80 or VV-90 on a motorboard that may work for you.

Sean