Orlando show questions!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Orlando show questions!

Post by EdisonWizard »

Hey everyone!!

It looks like my schedule FINALLY coincided with a phono show, specifically the one in Orlando on the 25th and 26th of January. Being that this will be the first one I’ll be able to go to I had some questions. Is this one of the bigger shows or should I try to make another later in the year? I’d be bringing my wife and 2 year old as well, so I’d like to take the opportunity to do some family activities while I’m there, so if anyone has any places they’d think would be fun for family around there that would be great; and is there a hotel around the venue everyone uses?

I’m not sure if I’ll be driving yet, as 11 hours in a car with a 2 year old does not sound like my definition of fun lol If I bought a machine, is there a way to have it shipped back? Granted I wouldn’t be buying any floor models, but I can’t go all the way there and not buy something!

If I go, I hope to put some faces with some of these names I’m so used to seeing here!
J.F.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Orlando show questions!

Post by Jerry B. »

I've always thought Union, near Chicago, is the largest phono sale. The next largest sales, in no particular order, are Wayne, (New Jersey), Orlando, and APS (Los Angeles, CA). I've flown from Oregon to Orlando twice and had a great experience. Orlando is well worth attending. How much different would an eleven hour drive be compared to driving to an airport, dealing with long lines and security, being crammed in a tiny seat, waiting for luggage including car seat, and renting a car? Plus you have to deal with the issue of packing and shipping things back home. If the time is even close, I would travel in the comfort of my own car. If flying is your best option you might place an ad in the Trader offering gas money for anyone near you that is driving.

There are many things to do within driving distance of Orlando. Universal Studios, Disney World, and Cape Canaveral are nearby. The Ringling Bros. Museum is in Sarasota and the Edison winter home is in Fort Myers.

Stan Stanford and I plan to attend.

Jerry Blais

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Thanks for the info Jerry! Yeah I need to see what the wife wants to do, that’s the most important part! If we end up going it’ll be nice to finally meet you!
J.F.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

I would love to attend this as I haven't gone in a few years....and I live in Central Florida. This is always a spectacular show for everyone and I highly recommend it..

A strange thing always happens though when I go..... My car is always empty when I go, and my wallet is always full.... By the time I leave the show, My wallet is always empty, and my car is always full!!!

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer