Record cabinet

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victor VII
Victor I

Re: Record cabinet

Post by Victor VII »

Since this is a very rare cabinet, there is probably not a going market price for this piece. Hence a lot of people not chiming in with price opinions. You are probably in the realm that it is worth whatever a particular buyer is willing to pay. This cabinet is very elegant and pretty close to 'best in class'. If the condition was good, I would be willing to pay a nice price--a Victor VI would look great on top!

oldtvsandtoys
Victor II
Personal Text: Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.........Why Soitenly

Post by oldtvsandtoys »

oldtvsandtoys wrote:Any thoughts on who made this cabinet? Thinking about buying it :pig:

Ok after two years of trying its looks like I will be picking up this cabinet Wednesday.
Now the inside looks to have been painted. I will be looking to restore that, does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? Would it of had the album books or the record slots? Where would the Herzog decal go? Let’s hope I can post more pictures Wednesday. Does anyone have the catalog page they could post? Thanks

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Post by Shawn »

Here you go. Shawn
Schmelzer Arms 19.png
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

oldtvsandtoys
Victor II

Post by oldtvsandtoys »

Shawn wrote:Here you go. Shawn
Schmelzer Arms 19.png
Well thank you very much.. can I ask where you got the picture?

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Post by Shawn »

Sure. It's from one of the catalogs I've reprinted.
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

oldtvsandtoys
Victor II

Post by oldtvsandtoys »

Shawn wrote:Sure. It's from one of the catalogs I've reprinted.
Do you sell copy’s?

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Post by Ripduf1 »

Yes he does. Shawn has a portfolio of high quality reproduced catalogs that have been available for years. You should buy one of each that interests you.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47211&p=280762#p280762

Also this same cabinet can be seen in George Pauls hardcover collector book called "Antique Phonograph Accessories & Contraptions" on page 189. You can reach out to George to arrange a way to purchase it. You can send George a PM at "Phonogfp" through the forum.

Tim Fabrizio and George wrote and published 8 wonderful hardcover books chock full of knowledge that cannot be acquired that quickly any other way. Both Shawn and George & Tim have provided a tremendous service to our hobby. John
Horns rolled and straightened

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Ripduf1 wrote: Also this same cabinet can be seen in George Pauls hardcover collector book called "Antique Phonograph Accessories & Contraptions" on page 189. You can reach out to George to arrange a way to purchase it. You can send George a PM at "Phonogfp" through the forum.
Thanks for the kind words about our books, John - much appreciated.

...But I'm confused about my helping to arrange a way to purchase one of these cabinets. I'm not offering one for sale.

Best to all,
George P.

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

George, I think he meant information on purchasing your book, not the cabinet.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

schweg wrote:George, I think he meant information on purchasing your book, not the cabinet.
Well, DUH! :oops: I must be tired after hiking around all afternoon. Now it makes perfect sense! Thanks, Steve...

Nighty-nite!

George P.