Looking for someone who sells new mainsprings....

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Looking for someone who sells new mainsprings....

Post by NEFaurora »

Hey,

Looking for someone who sells new mainsprings that are already inside the Spring Barrels already.

I'm working on an Edison Standard "D" for a customer, and the Mainspring on his machine is completely shot....so I have to replace it.

I can get used mainsprings already inside their Spring Barrels already....but I'd like to purchase some NEW ones already inside the Spring Barrels as well.

On this repair.... I really don't feel like winding a NEW Mainspring inside a spring barrel if I don't have to.... I'm looking for someone that will sell me a NEW Mainspring already Pre-wound inside a used Spring Barrel for this Edison Standard Model "D" that I am working on for this customer.

Does anyone know anyone that does this???!??

Thanks...

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer

Victor VI

Re: Looking for someone who sells new mainsprings....

Post by 52089 »

I know of no one who specifically sells new springs in old barrels for any machine. On the other hand, everyone I know who sells new springs also installs them in your barrel for a fee. Ron Sitko would be my number one choice for this but as usual, he has suspended his business for the holidays and won't resume again until after New Year's.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Search for Ron Sitko or George Vollema in the Links section. You can send them your spring barrel with the broken spring and they will replace the spring and return. But, I believe Ron is closed from Thanksgiving until the end of the year.

NEFaurora
Victor IV

Post by NEFaurora »

I already know Ron Sitko...and I've dealt with George Vollema for years...

Just wondering if someone knew off the top of their heads...

Anyone know what the New/Used Mainspring installed in the Barrel usually goes for??!?? (excluding the cost of the Mainspring of course)..

I'm trying to quote a customer..

I am going to clean and rebuild his entire lower works...on his Standard Model "D"...

:o)

Tony K.

NEFaurora
Victor IV

Post by NEFaurora »

Well, I contacted George Vollema and crapped out... George said that he is closing up his shop tomorrow on December 10th...and will not re-open until Late April!!

Here is the message that i received from him...

" I'm sorry, but the ship is almost closed for the season. Will reopen in the spring and be happy to help then. Please contact me again towards end of April or in May please.

Thank you & Happy Holidays,
Shop will close by Dec 10th 2018 until mid to late April. "

Aye, Now I have to find someone else to sell me a New Model "D" Standard Mainspring already inside the Spring Barrel.....Anyone have any ideas????!?? of who else that I can go to for this...?!??

Tony K.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Walt Somers, Wyatt's Musical Americana, or anyone listed in the links section of the board can probably help. I'm sure there are others too if you try google or even ebay.

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... ?f=8&t=195

NEFaurora
Victor IV

Post by NEFaurora »

I've dealt with Walt Sommers in the past many times.... I've bought a lot of Phonograph belting material from him.... and I know who Wyatt is... Ok, I'll try those guys too... Thanks...!

Tony K.