Just Purchased Edison Opera Phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: Just Purchased Edison Opera Phonograph

Post by FellowCollector »

7309 wrote:Well, I went to Lowes and bought a can of PB Blaster as you guys recommended. I took the unit outside (good move as it really stinks) and sprayed it. Wiped it off and brought it back inside. Within 30 minutes, it was loose and I was able to pull it out without damaging it. The only problem with the reproducer is the wire from the diaphragm to the bar was loose. It looks like I can use it with very little work. It is a Model L reproducer, #8376. I would never have tried that without you guys suggesting it. Thanks very much.
Excellent! I'm pleased to hear that you were able to remove the reproducer without having to remove the stanchion. Once you rebuild your L reproducer and attach the diaphragm link you can finally enjoy your new Opera!

Doug

Victor O

Post by 7309 »

I am trying to find sources for the missing items on my new Oak Opera. If anyone has an auto shut-off for an Opera please let me know. Also, can you provide me with an email address for Eduardo Portillo in Peru? I understand he has wooden horns for sale. The addresses I have found are not good ones. Lastly, please look at the two pictures attached here. The first picture is "down" and the second picture is "up". I'm having trouble raising and lowering the Model L reproducer on my machine. It looks to me like the piece that does that is bent. Can this be repaired without breaking it and how do I do this? Thanks. Mike
Attachments
Op2.JPG
Op2.JPG (104.62 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Op1.JPG
Op1.JPG (115.52 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Your "paddle" problem is discussed here:
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=21348

Victor O

Post by 7309 »

I followed the instructions on the pages you suggested. I bent the hook slightly and now I have no problem raising and lowering the reproducer weight. Thanks! Mike