Hi my name is Pete and I am gutless!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
PeteLeoni
Victor I
Personal Text: I know nothing (yet) help!

Hi my name is Pete and I am gutless!

Post by PeteLeoni »

.....I have acquired a "gutless" Fern-O-Grand....Help! Should I adapt something to it? Does anyone know what mechanism actually went there? Can I find something? Will someone sell me a working table and arm? All is there but mechanism. The plate is still there with holes for the arm and turntable. Someone very early on added an old radio to it in front but I will remove that and add or create the horn. Horns are my thing so that won't be an issue either way but I know not where to find a "movement" including arm. Willing to do some adaptation but would like to keep the crank location. Much thanks in advance for advice. !!!!!
Attachments
1547514135730166495070.jpg

gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: Hi my name is Pete and I am gutless!

Post by gramophone78 »

The best advice I can offer is to post a want ad in our Yankee Trader section with the hopes that a member or members may have the parts you need to complete this unusual and cool model.

Also, you may want to post better pics in your ad.

Hope this helps.

PeteLeoni
Victor I
Personal Text: I know nothing (yet) help!

Post by PeteLeoni »

Perhaps a kind moderator would move this if I have messed up?
gramophone78 wrote:The best advice I can offer is to post a want ad in our Yankee Trader section with the hopes that a member or members may have the parts you need to complete this unusual and cool model.

Also, you may want to post better pics in your ad.

Hope this helps.

Benjamin_L
Victor III
Personal Text: Honk, honk.

Post by Benjamin_L »

Tracking down the mechanical parts shouldn't be that difficult. I think they were supplied by Heinemann.