My new machines

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Re: My new machines

Post by ChuckA »

vansteem78 wrote: Yes the BO is 2 and 4 minute mechanism. Though only playing celluloid because I notice a lot of wax on the tip after being played.
The reproducer used in the Columbia combination machines has a "compromise" stylus, it sort of looks like a knife edge. It is designed to be able to play indestructable 2 and 4 minute records, it will pretty much destroy a wax record. If you want to play wax records get a regular 2 min Lyric reproducer.

Chuck

vansteem78
Victor II

Re: My new machines

Post by vansteem78 »

ChuckA wrote:
vansteem78 wrote: Yes the BO is 2 and 4 minute mechanism. Though only playing celluloid because I notice a lot of wax on the tip after being played.
The reproducer used in the Columbia combination machines has a "compromise" stylus, it sort of looks like a knife edge. It is designed to be able to play indestructable 2 and 4 minute records, it will pretty much destroy a wax record. If you want to play wax records get a regular 2 min Lyric reproducer.

Chuck
Chuck thanks for the confirmation. I do have a Triumph and a 1A to play the wax cylinders on. I also have enough of the celluloid type cylinders to play on the BO so don't think I'll buy another reproducer. The minute I saw 'wax build up' on the stylus I figured oh oh no wax on this machine. Neil