Columbia BH

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonocookie
Victor I

Columbia BH

Post by phonocookie »

Looking at a Columbia BH that has no turn table. I have extra turn tables but with my luck I don't have the one it needs. Could some one tell me what size it takes or what else would work?

startgroove
Victor III

Re: Columbia BH

Post by startgroove »

The BH is a great looking little phonograph! Ours has a 10" turntable on it, which appears to be ⅛" thick plate and stamped from a die. I believe many models had that style and size turntable. Good luck on that acquisition.

phonocookie
Victor I

Post by phonocookie »

startgroove wrote:The BH is a great looking little phonograph! Ours has a 10" turntable on it, which appears to be ⅛" thick plate and stamped from a die. I believe many models had that style and size turntable. Good luck on that acquisition.
Thank You Know when I get home I'll see if I have one laying around. But if it's like my power ball ticket (Nothing).

Indestructible
Victor I
Personal Text: Going through life at 160 RPM

Post by Indestructible »

Here are some pictures of the correct platter you are looking for. This one is off of my BH.
I hope they help in your search.
Attachments
thumbnail-3.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-1.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg

phonocookie
Victor I

Post by phonocookie »

Indestructible wrote:Here are some pictures of the correct platter you are looking for. This one is off of my BH.
Thank You for the pictures. I thought it was one solid piece. Look for holes in turn table. If I don't have one hope some one out there can help.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Unfortunately, this turntable is not for the BH, even though it fits. This turntable is for the tabletop Grafonolas. The correct turntable is what Startgroove has. It is an ⅛" thick turntable that is solid with no holes. The solid thin turntable was on the early front mounts, rear mounts and the client machines.
Harvey Kravitz
Indestructible wrote:Here are some pictures of the correct platter you are looking for. This one is off of my BH.

Indestructible
Victor I
Personal Text: Going through life at 160 RPM

Post by Indestructible »

Thanks Harvey.
AH HA ! I see. It makes sense.
All along I thought it was correct . I guess I'm also looking for the correct platter now. :shock: