I Hate To Wind My Phonographs

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
A Ford 1
Victor II

Re: I Hate To Wind My Phonographs

Post by A Ford 1 »

Hi PeterF,
I just tried ebay collecta. and every time it pulls up Motorola even though I type in Motrola. Do you have any suggestions?
Allen

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

A Ford 1 wrote:Hi PeterF,
I just tried ebay collecta. and every time it pulls up Motorola even though I type in Motrola. Do you have any suggestions?
Allen
Hi Allen. I typed in "motrola winder" and got two hits on eBay. No machine, but one the ad which PeterF posted and another for some mounting parts.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

A Motrola winder sounds like a cool accessory, but then I'd have to have some 1910s dry-cells to put in the cabinet and install a light. Maybe then some record brushes, a volume control, the Add-A-Tone horn for the reproducer, fibre needle cutters, Dustone, repeater attachment, set of albums...

I still think the previous owners had the best accessories, though. Behind the records there were some bottle rings where the booze had been hidden back during anno Volsteadii. 8-) Guess they were pretty chill.

A Ford 1
Victor II

Post by A Ford 1 »

Hi all,
I just searched for this post a second time and made a sketch of the hardware for attaching to the Edison. I did this to help in buying the correct items in the future. My but the Forum is a fine source of not only information but friendly helpful people.
Allen