Website problems

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Raphael
Victor IV

Website problems

Post by Raphael »

I have received several phone calls from collectors asking if I had retired or otherwise gone out of business, as they get a “Not Found” message when visiting my website: http://www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

This is not the case, I am alive and well and as active as ever. The root of the problem appears to lie with Apple’s latest update iOS12.4 and my website provider, who have not been able to fix the problem in spite of at least 20 calls and emails from me. I’ve been with this host (Fatcow) and content builder (Weebly) for the past 10 years and it appears they, not me, are the ones who may be on the way out. In any event, I will be working all week to switch to another host and content builder.

The problem appears to be isolated to iPhones and iPads (using a Safari browser), but not all, as one of my iPads gets it and the other doesn’t. And for a while, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome were also affected. Go figure.

Anybody who could check on their device and let me know would be of great help. This is a baffling situation, luckily for me occurring now in the dead of summer, rather than later in the year. But unacceptable nonetheless.

Thanks,

Raphael

fmblizz
Victor IV

Re: Website problems

Post by fmblizz »

Your site popped right up on my home computer.. (NOT FOUND) message on my android phone.

Gary Blizzard

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Thanks Gary, this adds further information. I was not aware of the Android problem.

Raphael

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

PC (Win10, Chrome) good to go, Android (Samsung S8, Chrome) NOT FOUND.

Best of luck, Raphael.

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

My iPhone XS - NOT FOUND.

Rich Gordon

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

PC (Windows 10 and Chrome) is fine. Android phone, trying both Chrome and generic Browser, get No Found.

One possible hint - on the phone, the web address gets converted to m. instead of www., so if you don't have an m. version, that may be why you're having the issues.

Bleachbit
Victor Jr

Post by Bleachbit »

I would suggest you ask your service-provider to verify the DNS Servers (Domain Name Servers) associated with your account. All of them. The problem, of course, could be elsewhere but at least I would verify DNS.

As 52089 indicated, when a mobile device is detected, your provider is attempting to direct to a mobile version:

m.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

rather than:

http://www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

PC Windows 10 Foxfire browser is fine!

George P.

(PS: Thanks for your kind PM. I was unable to respond because you have PM receipts disabled. Anyway, much appreciated.)

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

My iPhone 8 is running iOS 12.4 and I get a not found message. I hope you get to the bottom of this quickly!

Greg

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

No problems on my Windows PC, with either Firefox or Chrome. But on my iPhone, I get "not found" with both Safari and Google searches.

Good luck resolving this annoying issue!