North Carolina Show?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

North Carolina Show?

Post by phonogfp »

The APS had an inquiry this afternoon asking where and when the North Carolina show will be. Does anyone have an answer we can offer?

George P.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: North Carolina Show?

Post by Curt A »

There hasn't been one since 2015 and I don't think we will have another one, since there is a lack of interest on the part of dealers...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks Curt.

George P.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

From what I have recently heard, there will be a North Carolina Show sometime in the spring of 2020. We are doing a combined show with the local radio collectors who have had a show in Charlotte for many years. It might be a good chance to cross market phonographs to radio collectors. They seem to have a good following... I'll post information on the date as soon as it materializes...

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

Curt A wrote:From what I have recently heard, there will be a North Carolina Show sometime in the spring of 2020. We are doing a combined show with the local radio collectors who have had a show in Charlotte for many years. It might be a good chance to cross market phonographs to radio collectors. They seem to have a good following... I'll post information on the date as soon as it materializes...
That would be fantastic. I would like to know how many members of the forum would be attending it.

Martin

Fonotone
Victor II

Post by Fonotone »

Curt A wrote:From what I have recently heard, there will be a North Carolina Show sometime in the spring of 2020. We are doing a combined show with the local radio collectors who have had a show in Charlotte for many years. It might be a good chance to cross market phonographs to radio collectors. They seem to have a good following... I'll post information on the date as soon as it materializes...
As far as I know, Curt is correct. The Carolinas antique phonograph show will be held in conjunction with the Carolinas antique radio show at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in Charlotte NC. Dates are March 26-28. The combined event is still sort of "coming together," so it will probably be a few weeks before any info is available online, but the radio club's website can be found at http://cc-awa.club/. Bob Barnes -- a member of this forum -- is the contact for the phonograph club. The annual CC-AWA radio show has historically been popular, with a bustling flea market and several hundred attendees (most from the southeast, obviously, but some from the mid-atlantic and even the northeast and midwest). It will be nice to have a phonograph show in the Carolinas again, and having it with a large antique radio club, at a convention-oriented venue just a few miles from a major airport, will be nice too.

-- Grant
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale

krkey1
Victor I
Personal Text: Kris

Post by krkey1 »

Awesome and thanks I was wondering about that show. I think I will try to attend.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

Thanks for the additional info, Grant... I just got the basic details from Bob Barnes and wasn't sure of the date.
Attachments
CAMPS Logo.png

My Wife

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Outstanding-- I always had a great time at the Charlotte Show and was sorry it had ended. I look forward to attending/selling in March. Keep us updated on the details, Curt and Bob.

Brad Abell

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

Will do... look forward to seeing you, Brad.

My Wife