Introducing The Best BCHK Diaphragm: The Kimble Sensitone

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
long_island_phono
Victor II

Introducing The Best BCHK Diaphragm: The Kimble Sensitone

Post by long_island_phono »

Many folks have been waiting years for an update to the default stepped mica and pleated copper diaphragms that came with factory-assembled BCHK-body Edison cylinder reproducers. I am happy to announce that the wait is over. Thanks to work done in the 1970’s through today by now-retired acoustic engineer Tom Kimble, inventor of the “Ediphonic,” I would like to announce the introduction of the best BCHK diaphragm: The Kimble Sensitone.

The Kimble Sensitone provides volume and clarity that surpasses what the factory mica and copper diaphragms can achieve. It is carefully constructed with common natural materials that the Edison Phonograph Works would have had on hand. The design is based upon countless experiments by Tom and myself over a combined 50 years.

I have 3 diaphragms and linkages at the ready for installation. These are available for free for testing purposes to the first three interested individuals who respond to this thread.

-Jake
Attachments
E0A54754-2827-4226-B875-6B8C752843FA.jpeg
AE0F4FAC-9242-425C-8EE3-01833FB2B2E6.jpeg
1AB98131-6606-475D-B275-6A03E62EE050.jpeg

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Re: Introducing The Best BCHK Diaphragm: The Kimble Sensiton

Post by barnettrp21122 »

PM sent!
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

Teak
Victor II

Post by Teak »

Very cool! Would love to take on overseas testing. :D We really rarely get cool new phonograph stuff :D

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I'd be more than willing to try one out!

Sean

Canuk Phonographs
Victor II

Post by Canuk Phonographs »

I would like to try one in a "K" reproducer, but if you have your quota filled. I would like to buy one.
Let me know the cost.
Blain

long_island_phono
Victor II

I appreciate all of the interest. I have 4 diaphragms and linkages now ready. More than 4 people have voiced an interest in testing a diaphragm and I am happy to supply you all however I have run out of linkage eyelets, which I am salvaging from damaged original diaphragms. The 4 posters are in the clear but any others will have to send me a damaged diaphragm so I can use the eyelet for a Sensitone diaphragm.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Could you obtain some from the replica suppliers? I know there are modern copper diaphragms made for these machines (not sure on the K reproducer with the swivel) but there has got to be a way to get modern ones in there.

Reason being, I am looking to upgrade my K but don't want to bust up its original diaphragm to do it.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Wouldn't you need a different eyelet to use on a K?

Bill

long_island_phono
Victor II

Lucius1958 wrote:Wouldn't you need a different eyelet to use on a K?

Bill

For K’s I will need to scrap replacement diaphragms with the swivel eyelets. I double folks have drawers of busted original K diaphragms. I sure don’t!

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

long_island_phono wrote:I appreciate all of the interest. I have 4 diaphragms and linkages now ready. More than 4 people have voiced an interest in testing a diaphragm and I am happy to supply you all however I have run out of linkage eyelets, which I am salvaging from damaged original diaphragms. The 4 posters are in the clear but any others will have to send me a damaged diaphragm so I can use the eyelet for a Sensitone diaphragm.
Wayne sells the eyelets on Ebay for $4.99 plus shipping but since your diaphragms are reproductions why not make the eyelets yourself.

eBay item number: 382780242802