Edison Standard D!!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Edison Standard D!!

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Well here’s the newest addition to my collection! This (1908 I assume since it still has the tall style case of the previous models) Edison Standard D! And it came with a repro witches hat horn, a Standard paneled horn and crane, and for extra I paid for a horizontal carriage with a Diamond B in it. Which thankfully came in handy after the original carriage had re-broke where I suspected it had been repaired with JB Weld in the past. Unfortunately the Diamond B sounds like a garbled mess so I assume the stylus is bad, so in the meantime I’ll just use my Model H with the reducer ring until I can get a new diamond stylus. Thankfully the mandrel bearing has been replaced by someone else so I don’t have to fuss with that. The case is a little rough so I don’t know if I should stick with it or do a case swap. Anyway it works great and I am very happy I have a model D Standard in my collection! Now, all i need is a suitcase A, Model C, and Model F, and I’ll have The whole alphabet of Edison Standards! (I’m not sure if Model G exists.)

Here’s the video of it in action

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yZcpoZ63aUE
Attachments
2B4B05D1-F341-4D04-9186-C660703A7C48.jpeg
This was before I swapped the carriage.
This was before I swapped the carriage.
8EFE1D40-A582-4953-9AA5-712EB2434E20.jpeg