Edison Standard Cylinder "C" ICS Model

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JERSEY BANDIT
Victor Jr
Personal Text: BB

Edison Standard Cylinder "C" ICS Model

Post by JERSEY BANDIT »

I am new to this board and am thankful i found it. I acquired the attached Edison Standard Cylinder Machine and have a few questions. 1 it is missing some sort of bar or something over the nameplate?? There are 2 screw holes at end of Edison nameplate. Any idea what I am missing? Also is it reasonable to find?
Also how may I clean the wood grain and the reproducer and other metal pieces and horn?? I don't want to ruin condition or break or hurt anything on this beauty. Also would most agree for $250 its a good find-with about 25 cylinders as well. Thanks
Attachments
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (28.33 KiB) Viewed 600 times

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Edison Standard Cylinder "C" ICS Model

Post by Jerry B. »

Welcome to the Forum. Any of the C series machines is difficult to find. Yours for $250 with cylinders is a terrific buy. I can't think of any reason for holes on either side of the ID tag. It would be helpful it you'd post a photo of that area. GoJo hand cleaner is great for cleaning the cabinet. If you use our search feature of our Forum you'll find several threads on cleaning and polishing. Start by typing in "GoJo."

Jerry Blais

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

Good find. The repeat assembly is missing on this. This would move the carriage back a bit so the user could replay a brief section of the cylinder.

Doug

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

Here are pictures of the model C ICS mchine with an early case I sold last October. You are missing the "word repeat" assembly, and they come up on Ebay, but seldomely. You got a great deal either way. I cleaned it with Gojo hand cleaner, and used feed-n-wax afterwards.

Martin
Attachments
received_308486963206821.jpeg
received_1993256767425846.jpeg
received_2037952053146444.jpeg
received_326342251290628.jpeg