The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Victor Tungs-tone needles
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline
Victor III
User avatar
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm
Posts: 510
Seems like every couple of months one of these threads pop up and the consensus is always the same: About 90% of the forum says it's not a good idea to use them and the other 10% says go ahead and use them. Since (in most cases) these records are not being made ever again, I would err on the side of caution and just use regular cheap steel needles. Just my worthless $0.02. :)


-Travis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Victor Tungs-tone needles
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am 
Offline
Victor IV
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 1213
Location: Michiana
Orchorsol wrote:
Uncle Vanya wrote:
... Radiex, Globe, Madison,or Grey Gull ... "The Terror" ...

Wow, scarce and valuable record - I'm envious!


I was much younger and more careless then. These days, whilst I will play nearly any record in a good period machine, I never do so with records which appear absolutely unplayed, or with notoriously soft pressings, particularly the Jazzy Grey Gull sides and the red label electric Gennett discs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.