Union Show

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
zipcord
Victor I

Union Show

Post by zipcord »

I looked on Proxbid and saw some of the results of the auction. For those who were there, how'd it go? The sold prices on the Victors didn't look too bad. Pictures welcome. Thanks

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Union Show

Post by JerryVan »

I was there. I thought the prices were pretty healthy, although some higher end stuff was a little soft. Oddly, some of the more common stuff brought good prices.

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

I attended the preview and left a absentee bit of $185. for the best looking Victor IX which sold at $200. There were so many lots that I was hoping that by the time the IX rolled around I would get a bargain. The bids kept flying and I was surprised/disappointed. Even a table top Grafonola with a broken spring sold well above what I was expecting. I suspect there is quite a large number of collectors who can't get enough. I also suspect that there are dealers who know they can profit from their hunger for MORE.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Apparently one absentee phone bidder won the vast majority of the lots and those in attendance were left shaking their heads.

BTW, this was not the “Union Show” per se, which occurs in June.

Raphael

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Raphael wrote:Apparently one absentee phone bidder won the vast majority of the lots and those in attendance were left shaking their heads.

BTW, this was not the “Union Show” per se, which occurs in June.

Raphael

You are correct Raphael. The infamous bidder #49! I actually outbid him for the item I wanted, but it wasn't fun...

As I mentioned to Kenny, he needs to add bidder #49 to his Christmas card list this year!

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

I have his address if you need it!

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

edisonclassm wrote:I have his address if you need it!
I may ask you for it when I have phonographs to sell. :)