Triumph/HOME horns information request

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
hexaphone
Victor II

Triumph/HOME horns information request

Post by hexaphone »

I have a decent 12 panel (straight) TRIUMPH horn. What would be an approximate value given it is in average to above average condition?

I also have the same horn which is, I believe, 11 panels (straight) for a HOME in excellent condition. Value?

I am thinking I might sell one or both and am looking for a 'real' range so as not to be unreasonable in my asking price.

Thanks in advance for any information. PM or email ronbrink@aol.com

Ron

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Triumph/HOME horns information request

Post by Jerry B. »

Ron, it's tough without photos. Jerry

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Hard to say without some pics to reference to Jerry's point but I'd say in the $100 - 200 max range if that helps.

A fellow brought a just beautiful 11 panel Home horn to Union, I believe at least twice. I think he was asking $250 for it and then went down from there. I told him that horn is so nice it would be worth buying a Home just to go with the horn.

I sold a nice straight "average" 12 panel at Union a few years ago. I think I got $100 for it Sunday afternoon.

I still like those big straight Triumph horns, have two more of them but they take a lot of space and mailing them nowadays is just about impossible due to cost. :monkey:

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

There was a twelve panel "Ideal" horn at Orlando. It was straight but the paint was so so. But I can't think of a more unusual straight Edison horn.

Jerry Blais

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Jerry B. wrote:There was a twelve panel "Ideal" horn at Orlando. It was straight but the paint was so so. But I can't think of a more unusual straight Edison horn.

Jerry Blais
I have also a 12 panel "Ideal" horn, bought it when prices were high together with the accompanying Ideal. Needless to say that combination cost considerably more. (See Avatar) :monkey: