Our New Home?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Neophone
Victor III

Our New Home?

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

We have been evicted from our home because the landlord didn't want to deal with our neighbor who complained about us to put it bluntly. I am disappointed. I felt we were building one hell of a fun and informative place there. What do YOU folks want to do? Rebuild here or give it up? I am willing to try it again if you wonderful people want me to.

Your Friend,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Zeppy
Victor III

Re: Our New Home?

Post by Zeppy »

As much as I thought what we had on proboards was pretty spectacular, we're pretty much at their mercy. It's their forum to do with what they want. It really comes down to what you want to do. I think most of us will find our way here pretty quickly, and be just fine. The question is how much effort do you really want to put into fighting them?

beaumonde
Victor III

Post by beaumonde »

I agree with Zeppy. No one wants to be at the mercy of an ignorant landlord or host. With MordEth and Neophone also running this new site, I'm sure it will be up and running like the old (well not that old!) one soon enough. In case the member list and the e-mail contacts got irretrievably lost, it is up to us to spread the word its existence, and what happened to the old forum site.

Adam
Last edited by beaumonde on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Considering the board has been up barely half an hour and already has 10 members, I think we should be alright...folks are already finding there way back.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Lets start up again and make it even better than the last (brilliant) one. I'm up for going for it again. I agree with Adam...we need to contact as many people as possible. I've just sent 15 emails. Apologies to some of you who may already be here!

RJ 8-)

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Well—I have the logo up (expect work on the theme soon), now all I need to do is remove the text next to it. ;D

I’m going to try to get the stock avatars in place and then duck out for a while; I have places I should be. I plan on putting a lot of work into this site tonight, though.

Your friendly internet daemon,

MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

I too will contact people to make them aware of our new home. Sure, it's a disappointment to lose our ProBoards site, but the setback is temporary. I want to thank John and MordEth for their hard work and persistence in the face of all the obstacles we've encountered. We are going to be a great phonograph message board!

:)
Rocky

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Gents,

I am amazed! Really! Thank you so much. I will try to get our content back from ProBoards and David can get out old colors waving once again.

To be honest I would love to spout about twenty paragraphs of vitriolic invective aimed at a certain party, however I will not. We were a success because we set a positive tone and I'm determined to make every effort to maintain that direction. Onward and upward as the old saying goes! WE will succeed.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Neophone wrote:Gents,

I am amazed! Really! Thank you so much. I will try to get our content back from ProBoards and David can get out old colors waving once again.

To be honest I would love to spout about twenty paragraphs of vitriolic invective aimed at a certain party, however I will not. We were a success because we set a positive tone and I'm determined to make every effort to maintain that direction. Onward and upward as the old saying goes! WE will succeed.

Regards,
John
Perhaps a couple paragraphs of vitriolic invective might be theraputic?

:twisted:

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

Well, here we go again.
Only comfort is that BOTH boards got the slapdown.