How many machines are in your living room?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Re: How many machines are in your living room?

Post by Edisonfan »

Edison S-19 Diamond Disc machine.

Edison Home Phonograph 2 min. Cylinder machine

Victor VV-IV Victrola.

They just fit well together in my living room. Mainly because, my condo is small.

Paul

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Before we converted our attic, there used to be four. Now there only two: an Edison "Spring Motor" under glass by a fireplace, and an Edison drip-pan "GEM" with a pink glass horn.

The oak Hawthorne & Sheble cabinet harmonizes well with the woodwork of the house, which was built in 1892. Barb said it could stay. A few years later, Paul Baker had some of his glass horns here to be photographed for a flyer. Barb took one look at the pink one and said, "Oh - I like that one! Do you have a little phonograph to put that on? I'd like that on the piano." :shock: I nearly passed out.

George P.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

phonogfp wrote:“Do you have a little phonograph to put that on?”
George,

Having seen samples of your collection, I think I would be stunned into silence upon overhearing this question...or trying very hard to contain laughter.

And since I meant to answer the question in my poll after there was some activity...at the moment, I have a Victor VV-VIa and a Brunswick 101 portable in here...

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Amberola 1-A
Victor II

Post by Amberola 1-A »

The machines in our living room consist of an Amberola 30, Edison C-19, Home Mod. B with oak cygnet horn, Opera, Amberola 1-A, Victor 10-50, Gem Mod D and a Victor Royal.

:clover:
Check with your dealer for the latest Edison Records!

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

I have one, I try to act tough but my wife said just one. She used the lame excuse that I had the rest of the house cluttered up with them and she didn't want the living room cluttered up also, go figure. :? Its a Edison Stantard model F with a wood grain Cygnet horn on a cylinder cabinet. I picked this one because she said I could. :) She doesn't know it but when she leaves for Florida next week I'm going to put another one in there to fill a empty corner we have after moving some furniture over the holidays. I know, I live dangerously.
Best Regards, Larry

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

There’s nothing wrong with the “But honey, it was always (or already) there...” technique. ;)

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Kevan
Victor I
Personal Text: Over Hill And Dale.....and back again.

Post by Kevan »

I have 9 machines and 1 phonograph doll, she counts ???
Victor Credenza electric motor orthophonic sound diamond jubilee 1927, Banner Home B with 2/4 min shaver attch. and linior horn, amberola 30 was my mothers and how this all happend,standard B 2/4min with cygnet horn, Maroon Gem original horn & crane, Gem B :shock: looking for black horn and crane, diamond disc S-19 with 78 attachment and full of great discs, Edison Chalet table top, columbia viva tonal. Oh and one hendren doll currently under going surgery. Don't worry she is heavily sedated.
Kevan

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

I have five phonographs in the living room--all Edison machines, both disc and cylinder. There's a Victrola in the dining room and another one in the computer room.

And Paul, don't tell Edison that I have Victrolas!

:squirrel:

Rocky

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

I won't, if you won't. ;)

Paul

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

1 Victor Credenza.
Last edited by Steve on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.