How many machines are in your living room?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: How many machines are in your living room?

Post by Valecnik »

As requested a few pics. of my Pathéphone no. 12 from ~1909. Enjoy, Bruce
Attachments
The record cabinet is sort of a reverse rolltop.  The door slides down in front and up the backside of the cabinet.
The record cabinet is sort of a reverse rolltop. The door slides down in front and up the backside of the cabinet.
A closeup of the machine.  It seems darker than the pictures than it actually is.
A closeup of the machine. It seems darker than the pictures than it actually is.
Pathéphone no. 12 and record cabinet.  Date stamped on the bottom of the cabinet is "11 Mai 1909
Pathéphone no. 12 and record cabinet. Date stamped on the bottom of the cabinet is "11 Mai 1909
Our almost 3 year old and 4 ½ year old phonograph fans with the nipper look-alike Bobo, (well almost look-alike)
Our almost 3 year old and 4 ½ year old phonograph fans with the nipper look-alike Bobo, (well almost look-alike)

Moooperator
Victor I

Post by Moooperator »

I've got four but 2 of them are used as functional furniture. Or that what I tell my wife. one is a Regent desk in front of the window and the other is my 10-50 that holds the flat screen TV up high so the kids don't bump into it. The poor 10-50 takes that abuse.

The other two are a XVIII and the HMV automatic.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Well, I have 4 machines in my living room. These are my HMV 163 re-enterent acoustic machine, a 1931 radio phonograph, a 1937 HMV radio phonograph and a marconi 1936 radio phonograph. THe wife won't allow any more..although Im working on her to slide my VE9-55 in there somewhere! ;)

RJ 8-)

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Richard,

I once "hid" three 9-55's in our dining room. After the first one, the wife never seemed to notice the other two.

Chuck

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi
I have 38 machines in my living room :D
Regards Marcel

Tampa Don
Victor Jr

Post by Tampa Don »

Bruce,
Your Pathéphone No. 12 is stunning! May I ask where did you purchase it?
Don

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

We have a clear understanding... she decorates the upstairs and I get the basement. Upstairs there's a Sonora Grand and a Reginaphone. The basement is another story.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

saxymojo wrote:Hi
I have 38 machines in my living room :D
Regards Marcel
Marcel, I'm really jealous. You certainly must win the prize here! Congratulations.
Tampa Don wrote:Bruce,
Your Pathéphone No. 12 is stunning! May I ask where did you purchase it?
Don
Don, I got the No. 12 from Guido Severijns in the Netherlands and the cabinet from Jalal Aro in Paris. Both are well known and have websites with lots of stuff pictured. Try googling "Guidophonographs" and "phonogalerie" and you will find them. Needless to say I did not steal either piece :( but I do like them. :)

ChuckA wrote:Richard,

I once "hid" three 9-55's in our dining room. After the first one, the wife never seemed to notice the other two.
Chuck
Chuck, a similar story in a way. Bought a berliner with all brass horn and small matching record cabinet some years back. I mentioned to my wife that we had made the deal, even showed her a picture but "forgot" to mention the price The seller was kind enough to let me pay in a few installments. We agreed he would send me a letter confirming same which he promptly did. I left it on the dinning room table and then my wife... :shock:

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi
This is what I have in my living room

1. Zonophone concert
2. Edison Standard D
3. Columbia Eagle
4. Columbia Q
5. HMV Re-entrant
6. Zonophone Compton
7. Victor I
8. HMV Doric
9. HMV Sheraton
10. Polly portable
11. Excelda
12. Colibri
13. Edison C 250
14. Sonora
15. HMV 461
16. Columbia BKT
17. Victor MS
18. Edison Home B
19. EMG
20. HMV Tasman #2
21. Edison Home B 2/4
22. Edison Red banner
23. Edison B19
24. Rexonola Grand
25. Edison Amberola 30
26. Edison Opera
27. Berliner
28. Victor Royal
29. Cheney console
30. Spanish HMV
31. HMV 102 Green
32. Columbia 9000
33. Decca 50
34. Edison Maroon Gem
35. HMV 102 Blue
36. Coquet
37. X2 Standard
38. Columbia BE Leader

I didn't realize how many were there until I counted them for this thread, There are many more spread around my house, but I won't count them, I might go into shock :shock: and my partner encourages me to get more.

Regards Marcel

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

Marcel, If you can get into your livingroom without banging your head and/or knocking over a horn, I would love to see some pictures. I bet others would too. You have some really nice stuff there. Cheers, bruce