Is this Columbia Grafonola for real?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
OrthoFan
Victor V

Is this Columbia Grafonola for real?

Post by OrthoFan »

I spotted this today -- https://www.etsy.com/listing/699274697/ ... llery-1-20
Capture.JPG
It's identified as a Columbia Grafonola Phonograph, but I've never seen one like it.

OrthoFan

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Is this Columbia Grafonola for real?

Post by estott »

It is one of their Client machines- sometimes labeled as the "BZH Hornless Gramophone"

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

estott wrote:It is one of their Client machines- sometimes labeled as the "BZH Hornless Gramophone"
Many thanks!

OF

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Yes, it is a BZH that was muddled to death. First, the case was refinished with a new Columbia decal. These machines never had a decal. The arm looks funny as with the reproducer. The grill had it's bluing removed. The corner columns are missing. The motor should be an early push-pull one used on early horn machines. The motor is a swap. Stay away from this piece of junk.
Harvey Kravitz

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Phonofreak wrote:Yes, it is a BZH that was muddled to death. First, the case was refinished with a new Columbia decal. These machines never had a decal. The arm looks funny as with the reproducer. The grill had it's bluing removed. The corner columns are missing. The motor should be an early push-pull one used on early horn machines. The motor is a swap. Stay away from this piece of junk.
Harvey Kravitz
Hi Harvey:

Many thanks. It's certainly one to avoid.

I did a little googling and spotted some threads about this model on this forum, such as: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... BZH#p30497

OrthoFan